CUT to YOU | Oh So Many Gifts 🎁🎁

Hey Everyone!

Only 6 days until Christmas! There is so much happening here…we are extremely busy in our business and this week for us is a little stressful. I really wish I was in the craft room instead…. but I need to make money for my crafty addictions – LOL!


Today I have created another Christmas layout. I have used another of the cut files from the 25 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar. It is called Oh So Many Gifts. As soon as I saw this cut file I knew exactly which photos I needed to document using it as a background.


These photos are from my son’s very first Christmas Day. He was nearly 11 months old and the joy on his face was priceless. This is exactly what Christmas is all about!!


Now I don’t know if you have seen Gwen’s little Christmas series over on YouTube. I did speak about it last post. But if you haven’t…lots of great ideas and inspiration. You must check it out!!

Again, I was a little inspired by the using up of ugly papers but more so those papers that have been lying around in my stash for years that I haven’t used. That is exactly what I used to back my cut file with. I used the centres of the bows and made them pop by using some foil gold washi tape and popping them up on top of the cut file.


I wanted to incorporate both photos but I also didn’t want to cover the gorgeous cut file. I really just needed to capture the joy in his face for that second photo. Its quality wasn’t as good so cutting it down was the perfect option….and why not house it on a gift tag, right?

It was also the perfect option for my journalling.

So I used another cut file from the 25 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar called Joy Tag Album. But instead of using it for the whole tag album I just used a couple of tags and created my own little tag flip album.


I decided after doing a fair bit of paper shuffling that the card stock needed to almost be “dulled down”…if that’s the way to describe it..? I didn’t add much…just some watered-down ink and used packaging to create this background. I added some embellishments from another Christmas collection that I have also had in my stash for far too long.


Finally, I used the insides of the hearts from the cut file for some cute little embellishments. I have coloured them with my gold paint pen. I added some gold paint pen marks around the layout for an added feature to the cut file but also so that they linked in with the bows and the hearts. And of course, finished off with some black splatters.


Many thanks for popping in to the blog to check out my project today. 

I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Thanks for always dropping in to see what I have been up to and for your lovely comments.

Now when Christmas is done and you have some time to head back to your craft space be sure to head over to the CUT to YOU online shop to check out these cut files, ‘Oh So Many Gifts’ and ‘Joy Album’ in the 25 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar Bundle.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo

Comments

All Reels said…
I appreciate the authenticity and sincerity in your writing.

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!