CUT to YOU | Christmas Polaroid | 25 Days of Christmas

Hey everyone!

How exciting…it is December!! Christmas is just around the corner.
Are you ready? Have you got the decorations up yet? Finished the Christmas shopping?
I’m part way through…but it is creeping up quickly so I had better get a wriggle on!!!

Today I have created a Christmas layout to get us all in the mood for the festive season. I have used one of the cut files from the 25 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar. It is called Christmas Polaroid. I just love it, such a cute little Christmas cut file and it matches perfectly with these gorgeous photos of my son taken after having his first traditional Christmas lunch. How cute is that dirty little face??

This is awesome!! Have you checked it out??
There are 25 different Christmas-themed cut files for you in one bundle. To make it even better, over at the CUT to YOU store this bundle is currently on sale!! There are so many really cute cut files…perfect for all of your Christmas crafting.

For this layout, I decided to use the Polaroid to frame the gorgeous little face in the photos. I added some classic Christmas papers from the Simple Stories - Classic Christmas collection as the backing in the Polaroid frame and for the rest of my layout. I shuffled these Polaroid's around my page in a variety of different layouts to see what worked. I originally thought horizontally across the page was what I would do but it didn’t work out in the end.

I decided to add a mixed-media background to this layout. I used a variety of stencils ~ Vicki Boutin - Fernwood - Bountiful, Colour Study - Bubbles, Natalie May Scrapbooking exclusive Star Stencil and acrylic paint to create this. I added some stamping using the Kaisercraft Background Script Stamp and embossed that with the Colour Blast Dusty Charcoal Embossing Powder for a bit of depth. I finished with some outlining using my white Signo Uniball pen and added some splatters with Dylusions Ink Spray - Black Marble and Liquitex Acrylic Ink - Gold. It is very busy but I love how it all comes together in the end.

I added some cute little wooden pegs to the Polaroid photo frames and some twine. I wanted it to be like they were hanging.
I used some embellishments from the collection Simple Stories - Classic Christmas and some adorable little wooden stars from Uniquely Creative

Have you seen Gwen’s current 12 days of Christmas Stash Busting Challenge over on YouTube?
She is using up her "ugly" Christmas papers in a bit of a challenge. It is so much fun and you can join in too. I was a little inspired by this and used a couple of ugly embellishments for this layout. They may not be ugly so to speak but more so I don't think I will ever use them really so I added them on this page to use them up.

Check out Gwen’s YouTube channel here 12 Days of Christmas Stash Busting Challenge for all of the inspiration.

Finally, I added a small tag just tucked under the little Christmas tree for a small amount of journalling. I do love how much this all came together.

Many thanks for popping into the blog to check out my project today. I hope that you find some sort of inspiration from this layout. Be sure to head over to the CUT to YOU online shop to check out this cut file ‘Christmas Polaroid’ in the 25 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar Bundle and all of the other amazing cut flies. So many options to choose from to create beautiful projects this Christmas.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!