CUT to YOU | Mr & Mrs

Today I am here to share with you my next project. I actually have two layouts using this gorgeous cut file because I wasn’t particularly happy with the first I created. I will share with you the layout that I was happy with and then at the end of this post I will share a couple photos of the one I wasn’t happy with.
Let me know what you think?

As I said in my previous post, I have completed a few more layouts using our wedding photos this month. The photo quality is varied (it was 25 years ago!!!!) and this one is no exception not to mention the colour of the chair in the background!!!
I decided to combat this I would just use black, white and grey for this layout.
Keeping it very simple, colourwise!


I have used the Rosey Posey Polaroid cut file as the main focus for this layout. This is such a pretty cut file. I decided not to back it but to make the flower into a shaker-style box using some rose gold, white, and silver sequins. So pretty…
By doing this I was attempting to embrace the colours of the past without using the wood panelling colour (or the orange!) that features in the photo.

The second cut file I have used is the Simple Double Banner for my title. I have backed this with patterned paper and added my title using some glossy Thickers. One of the things I just love the most about using cut files is that you can resize them to suit your layout. This banner is a perfect example…I have cut it a perfect size for my Thickers but if I wanted to I could make it smaller or larger. So versatile and so easy!!

I have created some extra details around the main cut file using stencils. The first is a word stencil “LOVE” and some distress oxide. The second are some tiny hearts and I have used some silver texture paste.

Now, I just love using all parts of the cut file in a project, at least where I can. So make sure that you hold on to the inner sections of the cut file…until you finish your project. You never know where you can make use of them! I have swiped some of the silver texture paste onto the inner sections of some of the leaves from the cut file. I have placed these around the cut file to create another feature and element for this page. I have also added some thread in white and grey and a cute little gingham bow.

I haven’t added any journalling on this layout, there is not much to tell really, one of our first photos as Mr & Mrs, I think the photo says it all.

I just love how this one came together and finished up. While the photo is still the main focus of the layout, the cut file and the papers reduce the focus on the photo quality which I love…if that makes sense…the beautiful cut file and papers enhance the photo.

Finally, here are a couple of photos of the original layout I created with this cut file. It isn’t bad, but not my favourite and it wasn’t what I was hoping for. I will still add it to the album though!

Many thanks for popping into the blog to check out my project today. I hope that you find some sort of inspiration from one of these layouts. Be sure to head over to the CUT to YOU online shop and Etsy store to check out the plethora of absolutely amazing cut files. So many to include in your projects and so many different ways to use them.

Don’t forget to join our CUT to YOU HQ Facebook page and share with us what you have created. We love seeing what you get up to.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!