CUT to YOU | You Are Special |

 Hey everyone!

Today I am sharing one of my latest projects for CUT to YOU using two digital cut files from the CUT to YOU store.
There are soooo many awesome cut files in the store that sometimes it is really hard to choose what you would like to use. There are so many fabulous options!

 This month I continue with another photo from the local Debutante Ball. Now originally I wasn’t going to use this photo…BUT I saw a wonderful little challenge online that I used as my jumping off point and this photo was just perfect for the elements. 

This is a photo of hubby and I with two of our staff members who were partners at the local Debutante Ball.

I knew in this layout I was going to use the beautiful, soft tones of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio ‘Storyteller’ collection and I needed to match it with a floral cut file from CUT to YOU. I ended up deciding to use the Flower Band cut file.


I love this cut file for several reasons…

1) It is so pretty

2) There are two separate pieces to this cut file, I have chosen to only work with one.

3) It comes as part of a KIT to YOU file ~ making your life so, so easy!

Never heard of KIT to YOU?

KIT to YOU is a section in the CUT to YOU store where the gorgeous Gwen has put together kits. Kit to You digital scrapbook layout kits.  Each kit includes an exclusive cut file design as well as full step x step instructions for creating the page. There is also an image of Gwen’s gorgeous layout for you.

KIT to YOU makes a perfect jumping off point for your use of the cut file! 

I decided to leave this cut file, without backing it. However, I added some interest and dimension by hand sewing the two larger flowers in a white thread. I had to be very careful as the cut file was thin and I didn’t want to tear it in the process of sewing it. I just love how this turned out!

I have also used the beautiful You Are Special cut file on this layout. I found it really hard to decide the title for this page but the gorgeous Crystal Barrett was a great help ~ thank you!

I left the backing of this file until I had created the rest of my layout. I then just used some of the papers from the Storyteller collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

Now I could be wrong…but I think that this cut file is free if you subscribe to the email newsletter in the CUT to YOU store.

To create my background I used the packaging technique using two Distress Oxides ~Stormy Sky and Abandoned Coral. I wanted soft tones in the background. The background card stock which is from the P13 - Maxi Collective Pad, already had similar markings of a stone grey colour on it.

I used a border punch to create my paper strips and some washi tape from my August Kitaholic Kit to anchor these on behind the photo. To tie in with the sewing on the cut file, I added a stitched line to the top strip of patterned paper by hand.

I created my clusters using some cute little chipboard frames and elements from Pink Fresh Studio Spring Vibes and the floral ephemera and wood buttons from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Storyteller collection.

I finished off my layout with some puffy stickers also from the Cocoa Vanilla collection and some Nuvo white drops of colour within the clusters. I also added a sprinkle of Imagine Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray - Sparkle.

Many thanks for taking time to check out my project. I hope that it inspires you in some way. Be sure to head over to the CUT to YOU blog and check out what the rest of the team has been up to. 

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!