CUT to YOU | Sew Loved Too & Love Hearts by Caitlin Background | 25 Years of Mr & Mrs | Mel Field

 Hey there creative friends!

I made it a task of mine to finish scrapbooking our wedding album before our 25th Anniversary...whilst I have made some great progress, I haven't finished and it is our anniversary tomorrow 😬  Well, I guess it means I just get to reminisce for longer!
Today, I am sharing a layout and the process I have taken to complete it combining two beautiful
 cut files from CUT to YOU. This layout celebrates our 25th Wedding Anniversary 💕💕
I am so thankful, grateful and blessed to have married Jason 25 years ago and look forward to
 the next 25 years 💕💕



In one of my recent posts for CUT to YOU, I said that I would use another part of the Sew Loved Too cut file. When you cut the files there are several parts that you may use together or do as I have and separate them over several layouts. This time I have used the thin heart outline from the cut file. I have coloured it with Distress Oxide…I just love this colour and it suited the gorgeous Prima - Spring Abstract Collection and Ephemera that I have used. By colouring it I was able to have it pop off the background and have defined it from everything else
 happening in the background.




The second cut file from CUT to YOU I have used is the gorgeous background cut file, Love Hearts by Caitlin. Now this is absolutely beautiful and can be used in so many ways. I love being able to use cut files in multiple ways, means you can keep creating with them for different layouts and no one would even know that they were the same cut file.



I used the hearts only from this cut file. To have them positioned in the same places as when they were cut I placed the whole piece of card stock, where the hearts are cut from, over my background patterned paper and then glued the hearts in place, one by one. I did however, redistribute a couple of the hearts because they would have been hidden under my layers and my photo. As you can see, I have cut it a little smaller than 12x12 to allow it to sit amongst the heart cut file and to allow for embellishing.



To decorate these hearts I have outlined some with some Nuvo Drops - Silver Lining, others I have covered in patterned paper from the collection and the remaining I have used a Kaisercraft Script stamp and some Stamp-It Silver Embossing Powder to emboss them. You wouldn’t believe it….the embossing powder is the same embossing powder we used 25 and a half years ago on our wedding invitations 💕💕!!!! It made me so happy to incorporate something from “back then” into my layout.



I have used some patterned paper layers, a doily and some frayed gauze behind my photo and have created my embellishment clusters using the gorgeous florals from the very pretty Prima-Spring Abstract Collection. Some American Crafts Paperwork Chipboard Letter Stickers and Shimelle - Field Trip Alphabet Stickers for the title, some tiny ‘love’ words/phrases and some cute Studio Light - Theater Box clear stamps (heart and asterisks) with our wedding invitation embossing powder to finish off this special layout.





When creating this layout, I knew that I wanted to journal (and I am the best at writing too much). I didn't think I needed to include it or had enough room for it on the main part of the layout. So, I just created a whole new journalling focussed layout on the back of my main layout. I used the remaining cut file background from Love Hearts by Caitlin to create the main part of the journalling layout. It also happened that there were 25 hearts for me to include my journalling, 25 Reasons Why I Love You. It was just so meant to be.



I added some simple embellishment features on this side, mostly those that were used on the main side of the layout and was very adamant that my handwriting would be featured to share my reasons.



I am just so in love with this layout, it has exceeded my expectations and I am so glad that I was able to document our love and anniversary. Thank you Caitlin for your gorgeous background cut file…it made creating so easy.
Have you been searching for the ultimate cut file in the CUT to YOU store? Maybe this is the one for you? Be sure to check them all out here at CUT to YOU.


Happy creating everyone,


Mel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!