CUT to YOU | Botanical Wreath | Mel Field




Hey there friends!

Today I feature on the CUT to YOU blog sharing a special project that brought me so much joy…
As creative people, we are very good at bringing joy to others through our creative projects. It doesn’t matter what we do…scrapbook, art journal, knit, crochet, sew, photograph…we are always good at putting a smile on other people’s faces with our little gifts. Today I share a project that I hope did just that.

A beautiful young lady, very special to us, invited us to her Debutante Ball earlier in the year. We were so honoured to have been invited and had a wonderful night celebrating with her. Just recently she celebrated her birthday so I decided (with the support of my hubby and son) to make her a special gift.

Now I couldn’t look past a cut file to add that special touch to the page. The CUT to YOU shop is filled with these little gems. Every time I head there I find something new (even if it is an OG cut file) and a cut file that I MUST have in my collection. Anyone else like this??

I have used the beautiful Botanical Wreath cut file for this special gift.

I have actually only used half of the cut file for my project. I saved the other half for another project.
I have used the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studio Storyteller collection and some white vellum to back the cut file. I wanted it to be the stand-out feature of the layout…after the photo (naturally). I just love how it turned out.

I started with some simple mixed media in the background using some shimmer paint and the packaging technique. A simple and effective way to add another layer to the background.

Given the cut file was a large feature of the layout I chose to only have a small cluster of flowers in the top left corner of the photo and a small hanging “Happy Little Moments” in the top right of the page. I found that this was enough just to provide some balance.

One thing I did struggle with for this project was a title and if I should journal. It wasn’t that I couldn’t think of something, nothing seemed to be ‘perfect’ and the placement of a title or journalling just wasn’t right. So I decided to go with the cute little tag embellishment that said “Seriously the Best.” I was then able to write a few small words for my journalling.

Given that this was a gift I decided to frame it. A frame just changes the look totally and whilst I do love it…I was a little disappointed that some of that beautiful woodgrain paper was behind the frame. A lesson learned, always have the frame before creating the project to avoid this. But all in all, I was so happy with the end result and I really love how this all came together.

Many thanks for taking the time to check out my project. I hope that it inspires you in some way or another. Make sure you head over to the CUT to YOU blog and shop for all of your cut file needs and a tonne of amazing inspiration.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!