CUT to YOU | Airport Background | Let's Go | Mel Field

 Hey there CUT to YOU friends!

Today I am very excited to share with you my first project for the month of August and the first to document my son’s exciting Switzerland trip!
I just love how it came together in the end but it did take a bit of paper shuffling and embellishment auditioning to get to the end result. Does this happen to you?

There are soooo many travel cut file options in the CUT to YOU store…I truly didn’t know where to start. Have you checked them out? Trust me, if you are a traveller…you need to check them out. They are the best and make putting a different spin on your travel photos so easy.

The cut file I finally decided to use for this layout is the Airport Background cut file. Once I decided, I knew that I wanted it to be one of the main features of my layout.

It took me quite a while to decide what I was going to do with the cut file after cutting it on my Silhouette. I loved the simplicity of just cutting it in white and I contemplated backing some of the planes in vellum. I also liked backing it in the patterned paper but then realised that this would make it quite a dominant part of the layout.
But after thinking about what else I was including in the layout such as embellishments and creating my layered patterned paper photo cluster I knew I needed it to be simple yet dominant.

I have used my Kitaholic Kit from last month with the gorgeous 49 & Market Spectrum Gardenia papers teamed with some other papers from my stash including Vicki Boutin-Print Shop, Flutterby Designs - Xtreme Teen and the awesome Echo Park - Go See Explore paper and embellishments.

I have also had this awesome Scrap FX Sihouette in my stash for quite a while waiting foir the right project. It was a perfect fit.

Given that this was a photo of my son leaving Melbourne airport I decided to back one plane in blue patterned paper and specifically chose the one pointing off the page as if it was leaving.
I decided to leave the rest unbacked, which I really love.

Once I had done this though, I realised I needed more to the background for depth and texture. So I created a cloud shape on my silhouette and repeated it randomly around the 12 x 12 size piece of card stock, cut it out, and then used some white gesso to apply to the background sky patterned paper.

For some added texture I used some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Cornflower Blue and swiped this across the clouds. I also added some stamping randomly around the background using the "oldie but goodie" Kaisercraft Background Stamp.

I added my photo photo cluster and smaller embellishment clusters. To add some further texture I also added a piece of frayed gauze.

Part of my photo cluster is a pocket for my hidden journalling. I quite often hide my journalling on my layouts.

Many thanks for taking time out of your busy day to check out my project. Be sure to head back to the blog daily to check out more amazing projects from all of the Design Team girls and be sure to browse the CUT to YOU shop for all of your cut file needs.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!