CUT to YOU | My Love | Circle of Love | Mel Field


Hey there Everyone!

I am so very excited to be here with you today sharing my very first project for the CUT to YOU Design Team and my first project for the month of May. My project has gone live today and I am very excited...and very nervous too!


For those of you that have never heard of CUT to YOU before....Gwen Wruck is the owner of the Australian digital cut file company, CUT to YOU. Gwen designs, creates and sells gorgeous cut files for a variety of different creative purposes including scrapbooking layouts, Travellers Notebooks and art journals. I hope that you will enjoy checking out what I create and that it inspires you to create your own projects using CUT to YOU cut files.


Tomorrow is a very special day here in Australia, Mother’s Day! That’s why I have decided for this project to use the Circle of Love cut file to document being a Mum to my son, Brayden. I am so lucky and blessed to have him in my life and to be his Mum. He was our little miracle, 18 years ago, and he is still a miracle every day!




For this project I have cut the Circle of Love cut file using a white Kaisercard smooth card stock. It is quite large in size, I wanted it to be a main background feature. I have simply backed the hearts with the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studio’s Storyteller collection. This collection is just perfect for not only this photo but this cut file! It just all works so well. 




How do you back your cut files? Do you trace and then cut and stick? Or do you stick your cut file down and then cut around it? I’m a stick the cut file and then cut-around it sort of girl, would love to hear what your preference is.



I have used some Peach Heidi Swapp Colourshine and applied it using the packaging technique in the background for my mixed media background. I have stuck my cut file flat to that. I then was able to create dimension in my layout by popping up my photo and some of the die cut flowers in the three clusters from the CVS Storyteller collection.
I finished my layout with some die cut and chipboard buttons and hearts, from the collection and my title 'My Love' using the Storyteller collection chipboard word and the Doodlebug Designs - Alphabet Strip letters.


Have you used this cut file Circle of Love before? I really love it and can see that this might feature a few more times in my future projects. Maybe this is the perfect one for you to use to honour your Mum or being a Mum this weekend for Mother’s Day.


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my first project! Can’t wait to share my next project with you later in the month!


Happy Creating,

Mel xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!