CUT to YOU | Floral Garland 02 | Grateful | Mel Field


Hey there Everyone!

It is Mel here to share with you today my latest project for the CUT to YOU Design Team.
I decided that given it was May (and it was Mother’s Day last week) I would dedicate my project and post to an inspirational woman in my life, my Godmother. Have you got someone that you could dedicate a post or project to this month as well?


I have used the absolutely stunning Floral Garland 02 cut file from CUT to YOU. This cut file comes as part of a KIT to YOU file. Now I don’t know about you, but when I first started using cut files I LOVED this option for all of the extra tips and ideas you get as part of the kit. It is also awesome for those days when the old mojo is not performing quite so well. 

I really wanted to highlight all of the gold tones in this photo. So keeping to my love of mixed media I used my brayer to add some Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Tarnished Brass and black gesso in the background. But most importantly, I wanted my cut file, Floral Garland 02, to shine. After cutting it out in white card stock I chose to use the same spray stain to paint my cut file. If you do the same, just be really careful whilst it is wet and unbacked, it's a little fragile. I gave emphasis to the stunning roses that are part of the garland by backing them in black and then softening the garland by backing the leaves in white. I just love how it all came together.
I layered some of the gorgeous Simple Stories ~ My Story collection papers for this layout, added a doily, some frayed gauze, and some super pretty foam card stock sticker embellishments from the same Simple Stories collection. I also added some very pretty puffy stickers in flowers and hearts to finish the layout.
I used the tags from the collection (which are bookmark size) behind my layering and photo. One features my hidden journalling sharing a special message about my Godmother.
Now you need to get your hands on this Floral Garland 02 KIT to YOU file. As part of the kit you receive the cut file, super easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions to create Gwen’s gorgeous featured layout, a unique sketch, a full detailed product list of supplies used for the project, and a suggested substitute product list, a multi-colour PDF document and close up images with all the details of the layout.
Seriously, why would you look past this?
Finally, a nod to my beautiful Godmother and Aunty. She is one very special lady in my life. I am so lucky to have had her by my side all of my life, especially on my wedding day. I am so thankful for all that she does for me and I love her, the relationship that we have, and the relationship that we will always have.

"A Godmother is a gift from above, bringing kisses, hugs and never ending love."

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I have been creating. 

Don't forget to head over to the CUT to YOU store to grab this cut file and while you are there check out the hundreds and thousands of others.

I hope that this post has inspired you in some way.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!