CUT to YOU | Circles Sliced Background & Streamers | Happy Birthday | Mel Field

Hey there CUT to YOU friends!

 My first project for this month is all about my son's birthday. This layout took quite some time to put together and make work...I am so happy with the end result though. It pays to keep chipping away (generally how I scrap these days due to work commitments)!!


One of the things I just love about using cut files is that you can use one on your project or, like I have in this project, more than one!
You can size them according to your preference and they just create the best projects. 

I started this project with 2 different patterned papers and black cardstock to make my base. I wanted the layout to be a bit grungy so I used my brayer to spread a small amount of white paint in the background and on top of the cut file once I had backed it. I also splattered some white acrylic paint.

The main cut file I have used is the Circles Sliced Background. I decided to cut this in black card stock and have backed it with one of my favourite collections by Cocoa Vanilla Studio ~ the Legendary Collection. Originally, I wasn’t going to back the whole cut file but once I got started I realised that for this layout I needed to.


I then created my photo layers and distressed the edges of the patterned paper to keep the grungy look. I have also used some frayed gauze between the photo layers and the background.

The second cut file I have used is the title cut file Happy Birthday. I could have used thickers or alphas but why when you can use a cut file? Given that this was a photo of us on my son's 18th birthday I felt that this was definitely needed. I then used some thickers for the 18!




Now given that this collection is an older one that I just LOVE using, it’s also not a specific birthday collection and I have used it A LOT... I really didn’t have a lot of choice with coordinating embellishments to create my clusters. So, I have made my own embellishments using the cut files Streamers and Rock Star.

I have cut these quite small which did require me to be very, very careful. But I just love how they turned out. I used both parts of the Rock Star cut file - the outline edge and the inner stars…so many options!!!


I have added a few different embellishments from the collection into my embellishment clusters as well as some enamel dots and Nuvo Drops in Double Denim to finish off.

Did you know that we have a Facebook group for all things CUT to YOU? There are some great projects shared and lots of amazing inspiration for you. We also love seeing what you create using CUT to YOU cut files so make sure you share your projects with us in the Facebook CUT to YOU HQ group. 

I hope that you have enjoyed reading all about my process when creating this layout and find something to inspire you to create.

Happy creating everyone,

Mel xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

Come Along - We Would Love YOU to Join Us!!