Productive Weekend


I took some time out this weekend from making Memorial cards for my late Pop to do a couple of layouts that have been in my mind for several weeks.

Too Cute

Whilst I am extremely happy with the end result of this layout I can't take any credit for it at all. Melinda Spinks "The Scrap Farm" (click this link to her blog to check her gorgeous work) created this layout for a blind night at Scrapville. I just adore her LO and hence have recreated it with one of my favourite photos of my gorgeous son and nephew. I love how simple and effective this LO is...besides the fact that it prompted me to get out the sewing machine to sew on my LO. Many thanks to Melinda for a great LO and for being a great source of inspiration. Keep an eye on Melinda's blog.......she always has such beautiful layouts and projects.


Cherish - the time spent together
After the recent passing of my Pop I felt the need to scrap some photos of him. I really am very unsure of where this photo was taken and what the occasion was........I have a feeling that it was Pop's 80th birthday but I can't be sure. All I knew was that I needed to scrap this photo so that when my boy grows up he remembers his Great Nanna and Poppy.
I have used the Kaiser Duchess range for this LO and I absolutely loved working with these papers. Around the photo I have doodled a border rather than sewing around the photo. I have also done the same around the outer border of the LO. This will definitely take pride of place in my home in memory of Pop.


A huge thank you to my beautiful friends Liz and Cheryl for scrapping with me and giving their suggestions towards this LO.........there is nothing better than having someone to bounce your ideas off. Thanks ladies I value the input you have given for this LO.

Well, it is back to the Memorial cards for Pop.
Until next time,
Mel

Comments

Melinda Spinks said…
WOW... love what you've done with the layout! Thankyou for such kind words... I'm just glad that the layout was something that you could make your own and enjoy working with it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Melinda :)
LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! If i only i was as talented as you big sis!!
My photo of poppy is just in a frame.
And i am loving our boys in that one..... sooo cute!!
you are too clever!

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

Scrap That Poetry

May You Always Be Loved